Delphi 10.4.1 Sydney
The fastest way to build connected apps for Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Gadgets, and Wearables
Delphi is the nimble Object Pascal IDE and component library for cross-platform native application development you’ve come to expect. Write, compile, package and deploy enterprise grade, cross-platform native applications with flexible cloud services and broad IoT connectivity from the first IDE with integrated Windows 10 Desktop Bridge packaging. Compile native applications for Linux and Windows server and reach the widest audience with App Store support for Windows 10, macOS, iOS and Android - all from a single code base. Delphi 10.4.1 delivers update subscription customers a new Linux compiler and a host of community voted feature requests and RTL improvements.
With Delphi 10.4.1 Sydney you get:
- Create fast native apps for Windows, Mac and mobile from one codebase
- Windows and Linux server support
- Build 64-bit Windows applications and parallelize existing code
- Android 64-bit support for Delphi
- Bind any control to other objects or datasets with LiveBindings
- Get universal enterprise database connectivity with FireDAC
- Modernize Windows applications with new components and styles
- Extend Windows apps with mobile and wearable companion apps
- Access cloud based BaaS and REST services
- Easily deploy stateless, restful, scalable, and secure turnkey middleware to mobilize Enterprise apps
- Get a fast start and fast results
InfoEmbarcadero Delphi 10.4.1 Sydney is the complete software development solution for rapidly building highly connected applications for Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Gadgets, and Wearables
RAD Server is a turn-key application foundation for rapidly building and deploying services based applications. RAD Server provides automated Delphi and C++ REST/JSON API publishing and management, Enterprise database integration middleware, IoT Edgeware and an array of application services such as User Directory and Authentication services, Push Notifications, Indoor/Outdoor Geolocation and JSON data storage.
A single server/single site deployment license of RAD Server is included with Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio Enterprise and Architect edition ($5000 value). Complimentary licenses can be purchased seperately.
Move, integrate, and analyze data with ease utilizing our NEW FireDAC Enterprise Connectors, powered by CData. These unparalleled components allow you to integrate 80+ Enterprise applications, simplifying connectivity into a standard model using SQL.
Data today is more decentralized than ever, not to mention difficult to access with the average company running upwards of 20+ SaaS applications, and at least as many on-premise applications. Make better business decisions, eliminate headaches and increase time to productivity by organizing vast amounts of data in an actionable format fast and efficiently with these drivers.
Enterprise Connectors is bought as a seperate product to be used with Delphi, C++Builder or RAD Studio.
Links with additional information
Data Sheet (PDF)
Embarcadero - Who we are (PDF)
If you have plans to grow your team in the coming year and SAVE BIG on licensing costs, this is your chance. We've put together two great offers for you to make a great start to the year, so don't miss this opportunity!
We're offering a 15% discount on ALL our products, so if you're looking to purchase a license for the Professional, Enterprise or Architect versions of Delphi, RAD Studio or C++Builder, get it at an amazing price today.
We've extended the Free Web Pack promo, which means if you buy a Delphi/RAD Studio Enterprise or Architect license, you can choose from three available Web Packs to download FREE: IntraWeb, TMS Web Core or UniGUI.
These offers can be combined and are available until end on February 13, 2021.
Key Delphi 10.4.1 features
Version 10.4.1 brings significant improvements for Windows 10 VCL (Visual Component Library) desktop development and Delphi multi-device development, and developer productivity, optimizing application performance while reducing the time developers spend building and maintaining code.
New in 10.4.1:
- Major Delphi Code Insight improvements
- New Delphi language features
- Unified Memory Management across all supported platforms for Delphi and C++
- New VCL Components, Per-Control Styling, High DPI Styles and more
- Enhanced Delphi multi-device platform support
- Many database enhancements
- Unified installer for online & offline installations
- IDE usability and performance enhancements
- Over 1,000 quality and performance improvements
Please watch "What’s New in 10.4.1" Video:
What’s New in 10.4.1 Product Page:
Delphi 10.4.1 – What´s New in detail
The Delphi 10.4.1 Sydney release contains the following new and improved features.
New Delphi Features
Major Delphi Code Insight Improvements
The largest and best improvement to Delphi’s code tooling in many years, RAD Studio 10.4.1 provides Code Insight using a Delphi implementation of the Language Server Protocol (LSP). LSP is a technique for calculating results for code completion, navigation, or similar in a separate process. This means that the IDE will never block while completing and Code Insight will provide accurate results. 10.4.1 provides a much enhanced developer productivity experience when working with large projects with millions of lines of code.
New Language Feature for Delphi: Custom Managed Records
A key language addition to the Delphi language, the Delphi record type now supports custom initialization, finalization, and copy operations. Developers now have the ability to customize how records get created, copied, and destroyed, by writing the code to be executed at the various steps. This adds additional power to records in Delphi, a construct used to achieve better efficiency compared to classes.
Unified Memory Management
- Delphi memory management is now unified across all supported platforms - mobile, desktop, and server - using the classic implementation of object memory management. Compared to Automatic Reference Counting (ARC), this offers better compatibility with existing code and simpler coding for components, libraries, and end-user applications. The ARC model remains for string management and interface type references for all platforms.
- For C++, this change means that the creation and deletion of Delphi-style classes in C++ follow normal memory management just like any heap-allocated C++ class, significantly reducing complexity.
New VCL Windows Features
VCL Style Changes for High DPI
- In 10.4.1, the VCL Styles architecture has been significantly extended to support High DPI and 4K monitors. All UI controls on the VCL form are now automatically scaled for the proper resolution of the monitor the form is displayed on.
- The style API has been fully revised to support high DPI styles. Each UI element can be selected from a library of multi-scale versions and scaled to any DPI, resulting in crisp UI elements on all monitors.
New High DPI Styles
We have updated a large number of our built-in and premium VCL styles to provide support for the new High-DPI style mode, letting you design visually stunning applications for any monitor.
VCL Per Control Styling
VCL developers can now use multiple VCL styles in different forms within a single application or even different visual controls that are on the same form. This also includes support for styling any element using the default platform theme. Besides allowing more flexibility in styling, this also enables you to use third-party unstyled controls within a styled VCL application.
New VCL Component: Edge Browser Control
- 10.4.1 includes a new VCL web browser component, TEdgeBrowser, that uses Microsoft's new Edge WebView2 based on Chromium. This offers a much more modern HTML engine and a secure one, compared to the old TWebBrowser based on Internet Explorer.
- Moreover, the classic TWebBrowser component has been extended, allowing browser controls in an existing application to use either the existing Internet Explorer or Edge browsers for display, depending which browser is available on the system.
New VCL Component: TTitleBarPanel and Custom Title Bars
The new TTitleBarPanel control and TForm.CustomTitleBar property allow you to customize a VCL form’s native Windows title bar. You can place VCL controls on the Windows title bar, control the default painting of elements such as the window icon and caption, add new custom system buttons near the Minimize, Maximise and Close buttons, or even custom paint the title bar entirely. This enables you to build modern enhanced title bars, similar to Office, Explorer, Google Chrome, or other applications.
New VCL Component: Image Component with Multi-Resolution Support
There is a new TVirtualImage component that supports multiple resolutions and DPI scaling, allowing you to gain high-quality image scaling and display by replacing the classic TImage component.
Windows API Updates
We enhanced many API declarations and added additional ones, to further improve the great platform integration RAD Studio offers.
Key FireMonkey Platform Enhancements
Metal Driver GPU Support for macOS and iOS:On the macOS platform (Delphi), you can now build applications against the Metal API, rather than the old Quartz API and OpenGL (deprecated by Apple). FireMonkey Metal support offers a smooth migration to future requirements and better performance for screen rendering. In 10.4.1, we also added support for the Metal API on iOS (Delphi and C++Builder).
In addition to supporting the latest iOS SDK, developers using RAD Studio 10.4.1 can also address Apple’s new launch screen storyboard requirement through built-in IDE support.
This release includes a new FMX implementation for the styled TMemo component on the Windows platform, offering better support for IME and additional enhancements.
Enterprise and Architect Edition customers can take advantage of FMXLinux integration for building Linux GUI applications.
The TWebBrowser control for iOS is now implemented using the WKWebView API
The macOS implementation of Media Player control now used AVFoundation
Developers using the FireMonkey framework can target the latest versions of the supported operating systems.
Key Run-Time Library Enhancements
Enhanced Parallel Programming Library Support: The Parallel Programming Library (PPL) gives your applications the ability to have tasks running in parallel in modern multi-core CPUs. In 10.4.1, we’ve made numerous performance and stability enhancements to our PPL library.
In 10.4.1, we have made some general enhancements to the FireDAC database access library and also updated the drivers for FireBird, PostgreSQL, and SQLite. For the SQLite embedded database, we now offer the ability to choose between static or dynamic linking.
We have expanded our HTTP and REST Client libraries with additional HTTPS features and also expanded our support for Amazon AWS services.
LiveBindings Performance and Features Enhancements
- 10.4.1, we’ve made many enhancements to the Visual LiveBindings architecture and implementation for both VCL and FireMonkey applications, with a particular focus on performance. As a result, some of the LiveBindings operations are an order of magnitude faster.
- Additional improvements include the ability for VCL and FMX controls bound to a TDataSet to automatically adapt to associated TField properties, like DisplayWidth, Alignment, and EditMask.
Key IDE Enhancements
GetIt Package Manager Enhancements
- The GetIt Package Manager in the IDE includes significant enhancements in 10.4.1. This includes displaying release dates for each package with the ability to sort them by release date; new filtering options for installed packages, exclusive content available for update subscription customers, packages for which updates are available; and more.
Unified Installer for Online & Offline installations
- In 10.4, we’re introducing a unified installer using our GetIt installer technology. This provides a single installer that supports both online (internet connected) installations and offline installations (via an ISO). Now both online and offline installations allow you to select an initial set of RAD Studio features to install, such as support for specific combinations of programming languages and target platforms, language support, or help resources, and add or remove them at any time.
The code editor has several productivity improvements, including new settings such as file codepage and font size on the editor status bar.
The IDE and key dialogs use the new TCustomTitleBar control to implement search and settings on the title bar, enabling native look and feel and Windows DWM behavior.
Delphi 10.4.1 Sydney
System requirements for Delphi XE7
• 1 GB RAM (2 GB+ recommended) • 3-30 GB free hard disk space depending on edition and configuration • DVD-ROM drive (if installing from a Media Kit DVD) • Basic GPU – Any vendor DirectX 9.0 class or better (Pixel Shader Level 2) • Intel® Pentium® or compatible, 1.6 GHz minimum (2GHz+ recommended) • 1024x768 or higher-resolution monitor • Mouse or other pointing device • Microsoft® Windows 8 or 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) • Microsoft® Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit) • Delphi can also be run on Mac OS X by using a virtual machine (VM) such as VMware Fusion or Parallels hosting Windows 7 or 8 For developing 64-bit Windows applications PC running a 64-bit version of Windows or a 32-bit development PC connected with a PC running a 64-bit version of Windows
For developing Mac OS X applications PC running Windows connected with an Intel-based Mac or a Mac running Windows in a VM, with 2 GB RAM or more, running OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
For developing iOS applications PC running Windows connected with an Intel-based Mac or a Mac running Windows in a VM, with 2 GB RAM or more, running OS X 10.9 or 10.8 with Xcode 5.0 or 5.1.1. An Apple Developer account is required to deploy iOS apps to physical devices.
Supported deployment platforms PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012. Macs running OS X 10.8 or 10.9. iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 7 Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 & 2012. . Android phones and tablets: ARMv7 devices with NEON support, running Android Gingerbread (2.3.3-2.7), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3, 4.0.4), Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x) or KitKat (4.4.x).- See more at: http://www.alfasoft.com/se/produkter/utvecklingsverktyg/embarcadero/delphi.html#systemkrav
Minumum Hardware Requirements
-1.8 GHz or faster processor
-3 GB of RAM. 8GB of RAM recommended.
-Between 6 GB and 60 GB of available disk space. Using a SSD is strongly recommended
-DirectX 11 capable video card that runs at 1440x900 vertical resulutin screen is recommended
-Windows 10 Anniversary Edition is recommended and required for development for the Windows 10 store.
Operating System Requirements
You can also install RAD Studio on a virtual machine running one of the supported versions of Windows in a non-Windows environment (e.g., macOS). To develop FireMonkey projects, your virtualization software must provide direct access to the host GPU.
Requirements for Supported Target Platforms
64-bit Windows - PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running any of the following versions of Windows
-Windows 7 (SP1+)
-Windows Server 2012
-Windows Server 2016
A 64-bit PC.
OS X - An Intel-based Mac with more than 2 GiB of RAM running any of the following versions of macOS:
-OS X 10.13 High Sierra
-OS X 10.14 Mojave
-OS X 10.15 Catalina
iOS - An iOS device running any of the following versions of iOS:
All requirements for macOS support.
Xcode, version 10.12 or later.
Membership in the Apple Developer Program.
Android - An Android device that runs on an ARMv7 processor with NEON support.
A 64-bit version of Windows for development.
Android phones and tablets running any of the following versions of Android:
Linux (Delphi only) - 64-bit Linux running any of the following distributions:
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
-RedHat Enterprise Linux (version 7)
The JRE is installed automatically if you choose to install support for the Android target platform.
The Delphi installation includes some additional software. Delphi also allows you to install other additional software after the installation. For details about Delphi additional software, see Third Party Software Add-Ins.
It is possible to buy support and mainteance with all Embarcadero products. Embarcadero support and help can be found at following links:
Alfsoft provide technical first line support to all Embarcadero customers. Please describe your problem as detailed as possible when contacting our support. Remember to always inform about your product version and your operating system (both platform and version). You find instructions for support here (https://www.alfasoft.com/en/support.html).